Consumer electronics are about to take another leap forward as technologies now being showcased at The Tech Museum of Innovation make their way into the marketplace.
Cool products in The Tech's What's New Innovation Stations include:
• WiFi Internet Radio: with a wireless network, people can listen to this radio even if they don't have a computer.
• Smart Carpet: sensors embedded in a carpet can be programmed to turn lights on and off, power fans or trigger alarms, making homes and buildings more energy efficient.
• Audio Messaging: the YackPack lets users send words, music and other audio as easily as sending an e-mail. It makes text messaging so '05!
• SmartPhone GPS: this software guides cell phone users to their destinations. Gives "on-the-go" new meaning.
• CallPod: plug in one or more headsets and presto! Conference Calling comes to cellular phones.
• SchmartBoard: an electronic circuit prototyping system, it's so easy to use even a ten-year-old can do it!
All these cutting-edge products have received a Tech INNY Award because they reflect the Museum's mission of inspiring the innovator in everyone. The What's New Exhibits run through June 25, 2006.
About The Tech Museum of Innovation
Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, Silicon Valley, CA, The Tech Museum of Innovation, a non-profit organization, engages people of all ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing technologies affecting their lives and aims to inspire the innovator in everyone. For more information, visit www.thetech.org