Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience Coming to The Tech's IMAX Dome Nov. 1
Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience marks the first time IMAX has re-mastered a movie that was digitally captured and created using IMAX DMR (Digital Re-mastering) technology. Given its tremendous appeal, grand design, spectacular images and sound, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience will provide moviegoers the ultimate movie experience and Star Wars fans an opportunity to experience all their favorite characters and worlds in an entirely new way. "We are thrilled to offer our visitors this giant of a film on our unique IMAX Dome screen. We are continually striving to bring new experiences to our visitors in a way that no other cinematic presentation can offer," said Peter Giles, The Tech's president and CEO. "We invite everyone to come and experience the Star Wars universe with clear, crisp, sharp images and sound in a setting that is up to eight stories high and with 12,000 watts of surround sound." The Tech, in conjunction with local Star Wars fan clubs, Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion and South Bay Star Wars Fan Club, will present Star Wars festivities from noon until 10 p.m. on Saturday November 2 and noon until 5 p.m. on Sunday:
- Mix and mingle with Star Wars characters from the Golden Gate Garrison of the 501st Stormtrooper Legion.
- Wear a Star Wars costume of your own and compete to win prizes at the costume contest held before each screening.
- Receive IMAX-exclusive edition of "Bantha Tracks," the new fan-focused publication from the Official Star Wars Fan Club (while supplies last).
- Catch up on "The Making Of" and "Behind the Scenes" of the Star Wars Saga, on the large screen in The Tech's New Venture Hall.
- Play some of the latest Star Wars video games at one of many game stations. Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones is set ten years after the events of The Phantom Menace and the galaxy has undergone significant change, as have Anakin Skywalker (Hayden Christensen), Obi-Wan Kenobi (Ewan McGregor), and PadmÃ© Amidala (Natalie Portman). Anakin has grown into the accomplished Jedi apprentice of Obi-Wan, who himself has transitioned from student to teacher, while PadmÃ© is a distinguished Senator. Anakin and Obi-Wan are assigned to protect PadmÃ©, whose life is threatened by a faction of political separatists. As powerful forces prepare to collide in epic battle, Anakin and PadmÃ© find themselves torn between duty and honor and a love that is forbidden. These heroes face choices that will impact not only their own fates, but also the destiny of the galaxy. Unlike traditional flat-screen IMAX® theaters, the state-of-the-art Hackworth IMAX® Dome Theater features an eight-story, giant domed screen and six-channel, digital wrap-around sound with 12,000 watts of power from 44 speakers. It seats 295 people in special reclining chairs that accentuate the feeling of being "in" the movie. Star Wars : Episode II Attack of the Clones will show from November 1 through December 24. The film will show November 1 at 1, 3:15, 5:30, 7:45, 10 p.m. and midnight. From November 2-December 23, the film will show at 1 (Fri., Sat., Sun. only), 3:15, 5:30, 7:45 and 10 pm (Fri., Sat. only). On December 24, it will show at 1 p.m. Pricing for this special engagement: adults $11, seniors $10 and children (3-12) $9. A $16 combination ticket is available for the film and admission to The Tech's exhibit galleries. Discounted rates are available for seniors, children, Tech Members and groups over 20. Advance ticket purchase is recommended. Visitors are encouraged to arrive 20 minutes prior to showtime. Latecomers will not be seated. Showtimes are subject to change. For tickets, visit The Tech ticket office at 201 S. Market St. in downtown San Jose, call (408) 294-TECH (8324) or go to www.thetech.org. The Tech Museum of Innovation is a non-profit educational institution that engages people of all ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing the technologies affecting their lives and aims to inspire the innovator in everyone. It is located at 201 S. Market St. San Jose, CA. 95113. For more information, call (408) 294-TECH or visit www.thetech.org.