Stocking up now on emergency supplies can add to your safety and comfort during and after an earthquake. Store
enough supplies for at least 72 hours.
- Water: 1 gallon per person per day (a week's supply of water is preferable)
- Water purification kit
- First aid kit, freshly stocked
- First aid book
- Can opener (non-electric)
- Blankets or sleeping bags
- Portable radio, flashlight and spare batteries
- Essential medication
- Extra pair of eyeglasses
- Extra pair of house and car keys
- Fire extinguisher : A-B-C type
- Food, water and restraint (leash or carrier) for pets
- Cash and change
- Baby supplies: formula, bottle, pacifier, soap and baby powder, clothing, blankets, baby wipes, disposable diapers, canned food and juices.