one class period
You may print this activity
for educational use.
Students will learn to ... identify Robot Zoo Animals and the parts that make them work.
This activity gives your students practice naming the Robot Zoo animals and their biomechanical body parts. The solutions are provided in the Answer Keys.
- Copies of the following crossword puzzles and word searches.
Who lives in The Robot Zoo?
- Second largest land animal
- Insect found in house that spits on food
- Flying mammal that can see with sound
- Tallest animal on earth
- Grass-munching, high-jumping insect
- Large, deep-sea creature with 8 tentacles and 2 arms
- Color-changing lizard with a a sure grip
- Duckbilled, shallow-water hunter from Australia
What's it take to make Robot Zoo animals?
For each animal part, fill in the blank with the robot's biomechanical part.
- How animals work
- Scales or Skin
What's hiding here?
Circle all the words you can find. You'll find some forward, backward, diagonally and upside-down.