To help us provide you with a positive and efficient process for booking your trip to The Tech Museum of Innovation, please read and become familiar with the following reservation policies.
Making a Reservation
3 easy ways to make a reservation
- Phone Please call 1-408-294-8324 option 3.
- Email email@example.com. A group reservations staff member will contact you to book the trip. Please provide all reservation details including a contact name, phone number, the date of your visit and number of people attending. A trip request does not reflect an official booking until you have received confirmation from Group Reservations in the form of a phone call/message, email, or letter.
- Online You also have the option of ordering and pre-paying for your tickets through our website at tickets.thetech.org/production.asp. Just choose the date of your visit.
Terms and Conditions
- Group rates require a minimum of 10 tickets purchased.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance for pre-paid trips and at least 3 days in advance for day-of payment.
- Full payment for tickets is required at least 2 weeks prior to visit or paid in full on the day of your visit. Payments can be made with a check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted).
- One person must make arrangements and payment for the entire group.
- All tickets must be distributed by Group Leader; please make arrangements where the group is to meet if arriving by separate vehicles.
- Sorry no refunds or exchanges. All ticket purchases are final.
- Allow enough time to complete the activities during your visit and don't forget to allow time for lunch if necessary.
- Be sure to make arrangements for transportation as soon as you book your trip with The Tech, as the activities you want may not be available if you need to change your trip date.
Chaperone/Group Leader Policy
The Tech requires a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 8 children to ensure a safe and rewarding experience. For attendees in grades K-12, chaperones must be over 18 years old. Chaperones are responsible for supervising children at all times. This includes while your group:
- Visits the museum's galleries
- Is on-board escalators or elevators
- Is inside The Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater
- Shops in The Tech Store
- Visits The Tech Café
Please prepare chaperones/group leaders and students before your visit by reviewing The Tech's policies, rules, and your trip itinerary.
Lunch Policy and Facilities
- The Tech Museum of Innovation requires that lunches be stored in our multi-use room or in lockers during your visit. Please collect all lunches in boxes or plastic bags so that they are easy to transport when you arrive.
- To secure items of value, a small number of lockers are available for 50 cents near the elevator on the Ground Level and on the Lower Level.
- For groups desiring to purchase food, The Tech Café offers a range of lunch and snack items. For advance ordering information, please call 1-408-294-8324.
- We also offer movie concessions at The Hackworth IMAX® Dome Theater.
- Groups may eat lunch in Cesar Chavez Park (located across the street).
A confirmation email will be sent within 24 hours of making your reservation. This email will include an invoice based on your attendance. Please use this to request payment for your trip. If you do not receive your confirmation email please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full payment is required either prior to your visit or on the day of your visit with one of the following forms of payment:
Cash, Check (business or organization) or Credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
Please check with our Group Reservations Staff for our group refund policy at 1-408-294-8324 option 3. Please note The Tech does not offer refunds for fewer visitors than booked. To avoid overpayment please adjust your visitor numbers at the time of payment.
Parking and Directions
Getting to The Tech is easy. The museum is located in downtown San Jose at the corner of Park Avenue and Market Street, near Interstate 280 and Highway 87. Our mango (orange) and azure (blue) building is hard to miss!
Click here for more directional, parking and public transportation information.