NASCAR Film & Special Programs Race Into IMAX Dome
NASCAR: The IMAX Experience makes its North American debut on Friday, March 12, and seeing this film on The Tech's immersive IMAX Dome is a ride you will not soon forget! Race at speeds of more than 200 mph, and then go behind the scenes to uncover the science, technology and teamwork that make up North America's most popular spectator sport.
See below for free special NASCAR programs and promotions throughout March.
Saturday, March 13
· 11 am – 4 pm: Q&A with NASCAR drivers and their cars #45 Petty Car, John Davis
#3 Goodwrench car, Gary Sousa
#66 Phillips Ford Thunderbird, Mark Hereford
· Infineon Raceways representatives on hand for Q&A · Giveaways from AOL for Broadband · Robert Busatos Jr., NASCAR Hatman featured in the IMAX NASCAR film, will be in town to answer questions · Lemans Karting Go-Kart on display in the lobby, along with special coupons
Saturday, March 20
· 12 pm – 1 pm: "The Physics of Stock Car Racing"...from a NASCAR Champion's Perspective.
Learn about various technical aspects of stock car racing, such as tires, mechanical suspension, aerodynamics and engines, with an emphasis on NASCAR-style cars. Led by Dr. Scott Winters, 2-time NASCAR Dodge Weekly Series Champion and Group Leader, Mechanical Engineering Department, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Ongoing · Infineon Raceways and MAZDA Raceways patrons receive a $5 coupon for NASCAR & Top Speed IMAX double feature
· Lemans Karting patrons receive $5 coupon for NASCAR & Top Speed IMAX double feature
· IMAX NASCAR ticket purchasers will receive $20 coupon for Infineon Raceways
The Tech Museum of Innovation
201 South Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
Pricing (Galleries OR IMAX) is $9, $8 seniors, $7 children; (Combo Galleries AND IMAX) $16, $15 seniors, $14 children. Note that programming is offered at no charge with paid gallery admission.
ABOUT THE HACKWORTH IMAX DOME
Unlike traditional flat-screen IMAX experiences, the state-of-the-art Hackworth IMAX Theater – California's only dome theater – features an eight-story, giant domed screen and six-channel, digital wrap-around sound with 12,000 watts of power from 44 speakers. The theater accommodates 295 special reclining chairs that accentuate the feeling of actually being in the movie.
ABOUT THE TECH MUSEUM OF INNOVATION
Located in the heart of downtown San Jose, Silicon Valley, Calif., The Tech Museum of Innovation, a non-profit organization, engages people of all ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing the technologies affecting their lives and aims to inspire the young to become innovators in the technologies of the future. For more information, visit www.thetech.org or call (408) 294-TECH.