Here are some of the resources that we use and recommend to educators looking for Engineering and Design Challenge Learning information - including lesson plans, lesson ideas, short activities, and inspiration!
You are here
Design Challenge Lesson Resources
- The Tech Challenge Lessons, 2018 and 2019: All of the lessons to support and lead up to The Tech Challenge 2019 (No Roads, No Problem!) and 2018 (Drop and Dash)
- The Tech's free Design Challenge Lessons: Design challenge lessons for a range of grades and all content areas.
- Museum of Science, Boston Engineering lessons: Curriculum and lessons including EiE (classroom, Grades 1-5), Engineering Adventures (after school, Grades 3-5), and Engineering Everywhere (after school, Grades 6-8).
- PBS Engineering Resources for Parents and Educators: Use hands-on activities and videos in classrooms and after school programs or at home. Includes lesson plans for educators (use link on left sidebar).
- Learn X Design: Engineering and design-based activities, projects, and videos for informal environments.
- Engineering in the Classroom: Discusses developing student abilities and understandings in design in the classroom, including some activities and lessons (PDF).
- Click to Science: STEM professional development resources for out-of-school-time educators.
- NSTA Learning Center: Create a free account and access content by science topic area or grade level on everything from Newton's laws to cells.