Whether it's a youth group outing, a tour stop, or a senior or employee program, everyone will be awed by a visit to The Tech. Give your group a day to discover, learn, explore, and create a day for fun. The Tech is truly inspiring with hundreds of interactive hands-on exhibits and The Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater!
Save up to 20% on museum gallery admission when you make a reservation of 10 or more tickets in advance.
Youth groups receive a complimentary chaperon ticket for every 8 youth tickets purchased.
Prices subject to change.
Group Pricing (groups of 10+)
|Ticket Type||Adult||Student / Senior|
|Museum Galleries only||$18||$14|
|Educational IMAX Film||$8||$6|
|Museum & IMAX Combo||$22||$18|
Be a hero with your company and provide group discounts for your employees. Set your company up with a unique discount code so your employees can take advantage of the group price, but visit when they want. No cost to you. Online service fees are waived for group orders. Call 1-408-294-8324 and press option 3 to learn more.
Please call 1-408-294-8324 option 3 for trip package information (Rates are net non-commissionable)
To help us provide you with a positive and efficient process for booking your trip to The Tech Museum of Innovation, please read and become familiar with the following reservation policies.
Terms and Conditions
- Group rates require a minimum of 10 tickets purchased.
- Reservations must be made at least 2 weeks in advance for pre-paid trips and at least 3 days in advance for day-of payment.
- Full payment for tickets is required at least 2 weeks prior to visit or paid in full on the day of your visit. Payments can be made with a check, money order or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express accepted).
- One person must make arrangements and payment for the entire group.
- All tickets must be distributed by Group Leader; please make arrangements where the group is to meet if arriving by separate vehicles.
- Sorry no refunds or exchanges. All ticket purchases are final.
- Allow enough time to complete the activities during your visit and don't forget to allow time for lunch if necessary.
- Be sure to make arrangements for transportation as soon as you book your trip with The Tech, as the activities you want may not be available if you need to change your trip date.
Chaperon/Group Leader Policy
The Tech requires a minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 8 children to ensure a safe and rewarding experience. For attendees in grades K-12, chaperones must be over 18 years old. Chaperones are responsible for supervising children at all times. This includes while your group:
- Visits the museum's galleries
- Is on-board escalators or elevators
- Is inside The Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater
- Shops in The Tech Store
- Visits The Tech Café
Please prepare chaperones/group leaders and students before your visit by reviewing The Tech's policies, rules, and your trip itinerary.
Lunch Policy and Facilities
- The Tech requires that lunches be stored in our multi-use room if it is available. Please collect all lunches in boxes or plastic bags so that they are easy to transport when you arrive.
- To secure items of value, a small number of lockers are available for 50 cents near the elevator on the Ground Level and on the Lower Level.
- For groups desiring to purchase food, The Tech Café offers a range of lunch and snack items. For advance ordering information, please call 1-408-294-8324.
- We also offer movie concessions at The Hackworth IMAX® Dome Theater.
- Groups may eat lunch at Plaza de Cesar Chavez (located across the street).
- The Tech Museum is not responisible for lost or stolen articles.
A confirmation email will be sent within 24 hours of making your reservation. This email will include an invoice based on your attendance. Please use this to request payment for your trip. If you do not receive your confirmation email please let us know at email@example.com.
Full payment is required either prior to your visit or on the day of your visit with one of the following forms of payment:
Cash, check (business or organization) or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover).
Please check with our Group Reservations Staff for our group refund policy at 1-408-294-8324 option 3. Please note The Tech does not offer refunds for fewer visitors than booked. To avoid overpayment please adjust your visitor numbers at the time of payment. If you request a cancelation for a lab less than 30 days prior to your visit a fee may be charged.
Parking and Directions
Getting to The Tech is easy. The museum is located in downtown San Jose at the corner of Park Avenue and Market Street, near Interstate 280 and Highway 87. Our mango (orange) and azure (blue) building is hard to miss!
Click here for more directional, parking and public transportation information.