The Tech Museum of Innovation's Hackworth IMAX Dome Theater will dazzle large-format-film aficionados September 4 through 7 with its second-ever IMAX Film Festival. 13 of the world's most popular IMAX films will appear for four days only, eight of which have never been shown in the Bay Area.
Film Festival-goers will be immersed in the films in Northern California's only IMAX® Dome Theater. The theater features an eight-story, giant domed screen and six-channel, digital wrap-around sound with 12,000 watts of power from 44 speakers. It seats 295 people in special reclining chairs that accentuate the feeling of being "in" the movie.
The Festival lineup includes some of the top grossing IMAX films in the world and exciting new films. Recently released films showing at the Festival include: Lewis & Clark: Great Journey West, Bugs! 2D, Top Speed, Our Country and Pulse: A STOMP Odyssey.
· Coral Reef Adventure: Dive into the South Pacific
· Lewis and Clark: Great Journey West
· Everest: View from the top of the world
· Blue Planet: A space film about Earth
· Bugs! 2D: Starring real bugs!
· Fires of Kuwait: Heroes are forged from fire
· Majestic White Horses: Join the world famous Lippizans in the ring
· Pulse A STOMP Odyssey: Connect to the Pulse of the world
· Straight Up: Helicopters in Action
· Our Country: The heart of the nation is its music
· Adrenaline Rush: The Science of Risk
· Top Speed: The Science of Speed
· Mexico: Discover the land and its people
Special discounted pricing will apply. All seats at all shows are just $7 each. Advanced ticket purchase is recommended. For complete festival schedule and online ticket purchase, visit www.thetech.org/imax/ff_schedule.cfm
. For tickets, visit The Tech's ticket office at 201 S. Market St. in downtown San Jose, call (408) 294-TECH (8324) or go to www.thetech.org
Located in downtown San Jose, CA, The Tech Museum of Innovation, a non-profit organization, engages people of all ages and backgrounds in exploring and experiencing the technologies affecting their lives and aims to inspire the young to become innovators in the technologies of the future. For more information, visit www.thetech.org
or call (408) 294-TECH.