Save the Fruit
Grade Levels: 3-5 | Duration: Five 60 min sessions
Create a device that will harvest fruit from a tree and examine points of failure for iteration.
Grade Levels: 3-5
Duration: Five 60 min sessions
Objectives: Students will:
- Create a device, identify the components of their device, and explain how each component contributes to the system.
- Collaboratively build a device that will help solve the real-world problems of harvesting fruit from trees and preventing food waste.
- Identify failure points in their design and explain iterations supported by data.
- Compare different solutions to the design problem and use observations to iterate their design.
- Evaluate the differences between monoculture and polyculture farming.