Our award-winning Fellowship program empowers educators in our partner districts, and expanded learning organizations to develop leadership skills and cross-curricular expertise in engineering instruction. This creates a growing network of STEM leaders supporting excellence.
Fellows who complete the program emerge as Engineering Education Leaders (EELs) who provide professional development throughout their districts. Each January, 20 educators will be selected by their districts or expanded learning programs to participate in a two-year fellowship with The Tech and San José State University’s Jay Pinson STEM Education Program.
- Over 90 hours of quality professional development to become an Engineering Education Leader
- Membership in a network of like-minded educators committed to increasing quality engineering education in the classroom
- Growth as a leader within the district and opportunities to gain new professional skills
- District-supported release time for professional development held during the school year
- A stipend upon full completion of Summer Institute requirements
- A two-week Summer Institute, July 15-26, 2024
- Four half-day Community of Practice meetings each year
- An observation each year
- Depending on the year you start, specialize in either mechanical engineering (even years) or computational thinking (odd years)
Districts will select participants by Jan. 31, 2023 for the 2023 Tech Academies Fellowship cohort. If you are interested in being considered for the fellowship, use the link below to request more information.
For general information contact firstname.lastname@example.org