Dual Enrollment Program
The Tech Challenge, in partnership with the Krause Center for Innovation (KCI) and Foothill College, offers California High School students the opportunity to earn college credit (up to 12 CSU transferable credits) and a state Certificate of Achievement by participating in and completing this year’s challenge. Enrollment in the program opens Monday, Nov. 13, 2023.
What do I have to do to participate and earn college credits?
- You must be a member of a registered Tech Challenge team
- You must enroll as a Foothill College dual enrollment student and obtain a CWID number
- You must complete the dual enrollment form and have it signed by your parent/guardian and your high school principal
- You must submit your CWID number and completed/signed dual enrollment forms prior to the deadline.
- You must complete the Tech Challenge by attending the Final Showcase in April
- Your team must complete an engineering journal and submit it as a pdf before the Showcase
- The journal must contain proof of your team using digital and/or online tools to collaborate and work together.
What classes am I enrolling into?
You are enrolling into 12 units that will lead to a California State Certificate of Achievement in Research, Design, and Development for Global Good. The course sequencing is as follows:
LINC 58- Global Project-Based Learning
LINC 66C- Searching & Researching the Internet
LINC 77- Design Thinking Overview
LINC 77B- Design Thinking & Tinkering
LINC 79- Multimedia Project Production
LINC 90C- Online Collaboration Tools
How do I enroll?
Enrollment in the Dual Enrollment program is a 3-step process.
- Step One: You must enroll as a Foothill college student for the Winter 2024 quarter. Enrollment at Foothill college is free!
- You will first need to create an OpenCCC account in order to access the Foothill Application. Make sure you enroll in the correct quarter (Winter 2024)!
- After completing your Foothill enrollment, you will receive a CWID number via email in a “Welcome to Foothill” message. You need this number to complete step two. Please review this video. It will walk you through the registration process.
- Step Two: Complete the dual enrollment form with your information and get it signed. You can download the form here. The form requires the signatures of your school principal and your guardian.
- Step Three: Submit your information and your completed form. Here is the submission form. You will need to scan your completed and signed dual enrollment form as a PDF file that you can upload.
Once you have submitted your completed form and CWID number, KCI staff will complete your enrollment for you. You do not need to select the classes on the Foothill College website.
How much does it cost?
There is no additional cost to participate in this program. There is a $50 team registration fee for The Tech Challenge. This fee is waived for students who attend Title I schools or ASES or 21st Century funded programs.
How do I turn in my enrollment forms?
You can submit your completed forms using the button below. You will need to log in to a Google-friendly email account in order to complete the form.
Important Information for Parents/Guardians
The Krause Center for Innovation will be sharing students’ names and emails with The Tech Challenge in order to provide important communications to Dual Enrollment Students. This information will NOT be shared with any outside parties.