Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Tech Challenge. Volunteer registration will open in February 2022. Become a supporter now!
You are here
Judges: Teams of judges evaluate entries and recommend awards to the head judges, who make the final decisions. Judges will:
- Observe teams as they operate their devices.
- Review teams’ engineering journals, examine devices, and talk to team members to understand their design process, from brainstorming to testing and final preparations for the event.
Requirements and restrictions:
- Must attend a 60-minute training session.
- Judges are strongly encouraged to volunteer for more than one shift.
- Engineering experience is not required.
- You cannot be a judge and a team adviser the same year.
- You cannot be a judge if you have a child participating in the Tech Challenge.
- Judges must be at least 18 years old and have graduated from high school.
Judges must attend a virtual training session to learn about the challenge, learn how to evaluate teams, and be trained on the virtual event platform.
What to Expect
The Tech’s staff will:
- Support you and/or your group every step of the way.
- Provide all necessary training appropriate to each volunteer’s position.
- Provide recruiting information and materials.
You and/or your group will:
- Recruit volunteers for the showcase.
- Ensure that each volunteer registers for a position through our website.
- Participate in a rewarding and inspiring event where you get to see our future innovators in action!