Catch It, If You Can
Grade Levels: 4-7 | Duration: Five or six 60-Minute Sessions
Build and develop a scale drawing of a rain catchment system that will help conserve water. Explore challenges associated with drought in California and how water conservation can be part of a solution.
Grade Levels: 4-7
Duration: Five or six 60-Minute Sessions
Objectives: Students will:
- Build and test a rain catchment system that will direct rain into a rain barrel.
- Collect data on the amount of rain captured in the rain barrel after 2-3 trials.
- Reflect on materials used in the design process and for iteration.
- Plan and carry out investigations. • Use data to guide iteration.
- Focus on materials, their properties, and their use.