Escape the Lava
Grade Levels: 4-8 | Duration: Four 50-minute sessions
Design a device to rescue researchers from a lava flow.
Grade Levels: 4-8
Duration: Four 50-minute sessions
Objectives: Students will:
- Design and build devices to solve an engineering design challenge.
- Assess their designs for failure points and areas for iterative improvements.
- Analyze presentations to identify key components of good presentations.
- Create presentations to explain the strengths and weaknesses of their designs in meeting criteria and constraints of a design challenge.
- Demonstrate their abilities to integrate the lexicon of engineering in their presentations.
- Create engineering diagrams.